For other languages click here.
In sleep diagnostics continuously monitoring the patient’s PCO2 levels without disturbing the patient’s sleep is important to assess nocturnal hypoventilation and to titrate noninvasive ventilation.
Arterial blood sampling is intermittent and invasive, hence, it can’t be done without disturbing the patient’s sleep.
Sidestream endtidal PCO2 (etCO2) monitoring is continuous and relatively easy to use. However, in addition to physiological factors such as “healthy lungs” and good lung perfusion/ventilation the quality of etCO2 strongly depends on the gas sampling quality and on a regular/full breathing cycle. In spontaneously breathing or mask ventilated patients, making up the majority of patients in sleep diagnostic settings, the quality of etCO2 therefore is poor.
Being continuous, noninvasive, and independent from the quality of the airway transcutaneous pCO2 (tcpCO2) monitoring is the way of accurate PaCO2 estimation overcoming the drawbacks of etCO2 and the invasiveness of ABG’s.
For sleep applications the SenTec Digital Monitoring System offers the following key features:
Reliable Measurement Performance
- Lowest technical drift of the currently available tcpCO2 monitors Storre 2010.
- Retrospective correction of residual drift with V-STATS™
- PCO2 artifact detection/rejection algorithm
Safe Sensor Temperature Management
- No burns due to sophisticated temperature management being optimized far above conventional standards of transcutaneous monitoring
- Calibration interval of typically 12 hours
- Membrane change interval of up to 42 days
- Due to SMART CALMEM it is possible to disconnect the SenTec TC Sensors within a disconnection time of up to 30 minutes without an additional calibration request after reconnection.
- Less calibrations required due to SMART CALMEM
- Dedicated Parameters Setting for sleep diagnostics application (no auditory signals, no disturbing light from the display)
Comprehensive Data Management
- Memory capacity of up to 12 days monitoring time
- V-STATS™ (PC software) enabling trend data download for subsequent data analysis, reporting, and printing
- Convenient trend data download via the network with V-CareNeT™ (incorporated in V-STATS™)
- Parameter range for analog output (0-1V) of PCO2, SpO2, PR, Pleth selectable
- Analog output connector with reinforced electrical insulation enabling straightforward interfacing with polygraphic and PSG systems without additional safety precautions